Indian GP: Hulkenberg looking forward to some Paneer Tikka
Greater Noida: Sauber driver Nico Hulkenberg is not a fan of the `spicy` Indian food but Paneer Tikka is one dish that he looks forward to during the Formula 1 week in a country he finds `exotic`.
Hulkenberg, who has impressed most by his showing in the second half of the year, is no stranger to India having spent two seasons with Force India.
"India is a very exotic country. As regards the food, I am not that used to it and certainly don`t like spicy food, so that makes it quite tricky, and I always have to ask for a very, very mild dish. Paneer tikka is actually my favourite local dish there which is delicious," Hulkenerg said in a team preview ahead of the Indian Grand Prix at the Buddh International Circuit (BIC) here next weekend.
How does he find the BIC track?
"Last year I had a good result in India as I finished eighth, so it was great to get some points. It is quite a nice track and one of the modern ones with some tricky sectors, especially sector two as there are a lot of corners that are combined. It is not one of my favourite circuits, but it is still nice to be driving there," said the German.
His Sauber teammate Esteban Gutierrez has also driven a little on the 5.14-km track as a reserve with the Swiss-based team.
"BIC is another track that I like, because it has really long straights, very good braking and fast chicanes, which make the driving experience very special. There is quite a lot of margin for error with the run-off areas, but in order to put a good lap in you need to be precise. You have slow and medium speed corners that are quite technical, like turns five, six and seven. This is quite challenging for the tyres."
The races in 2011 and 2012 were won comfortably by Red Bull`s Sebastian Vettel, who is expected to seal his fourth straight world title next week.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case