Jonas Gutierrez upset over stolen football jerseys
London: Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez has been left devastated after a treasured collection of football shirts were stolen from his mother’s house in a robbery.
The strips - each one marking a special moment in his career - were stolen from the apartment in Gutierrez’s native country.
The 28-year-old Argentine footballer spoke out on the theft on Twitter in Spanish.
“I will never understand how there are people who act in this way,” the Daily Star quoted Gutierrez as tweeting.
“What is important is that nothing happened to my family - material things come and go,” he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar's bail may be cancelled by Delhi High Court - Know why
- Prashant Bhushan takes dig at Smriti Irani, says 'Will HRD be renamed Hindu Rashtra Development Ministry?'
- Japan gives up on failed black hole research satellite
- Notice issued to Priyanka Gandhi Vadra over her land deal in Shimla
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer