Jonas Gutierrez upset over stolen football jerseys
London: Newcastle United winger Jonas Gutierrez has been left devastated after a treasured collection of football shirts were stolen from his mother’s house in a robbery.
The strips - each one marking a special moment in his career - were stolen from the apartment in Gutierrez’s native country.
The 28-year-old Argentine footballer spoke out on the theft on Twitter in Spanish.
“I will never understand how there are people who act in this way,” the Daily Star quoted Gutierrez as tweeting.
“What is important is that nothing happened to my family - material things come and go,” he wrote.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened