Jonty Rhodes wants a piece of Poonam Pandey!
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: The real story behind South African cricket sensation Jonty Rhodes joining the much talked about reality show Bigg Boss was out when the handsome cricketer said that the one thing that made it impossible for him to say no was model Poonam Pandey.
“Let’s hope I get to see Poonam Pandey, but by all accounts she is still in hiding from related stories the Indian cricket team,” the cricketer told a leading daily. The 21-year-old Poonam Pandey shot to fame when she said she’d strip if the Indian cricket team won the World Cup earlier this year.
About being in the same house as boxing champ Mike Tyson and singer Shakira, Rhodes says, “If Mr Tyson (I think that’s what I will call him if I have to share space with him — much safer) and Shakira are in the house, it will be interesting to get their impressions of India, as I don’t think either of them has spent nearly as much time as me in this amazing country.”
Rhodes says he will also enjoy former cricketer Navjot Singh Siddhu’s company on the show. “I am sure that we two reasonable fielders will gel just fine on the show. He is one of the few characters left in the game of cricket, either on or off the field, so it should be an entertaining time,” says the cricketer, who is still in discussions about how long he’ll be on the show that starts from October 2.
Rhodes adds, “I have been coming to India regularly since 1993, and have not been able to learn much Hindi, so hope the show will help me do that stuff.”
However much Rhodes may be looking forward to her in the house, but Pandey says she won’t be on the show. “People are putting my name on the confirmed list. I am not on the show,” she says. It was reported that the model was offered Rs 2 crore to strip on the reality show but she said that it was “too less to strip on national TV”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Nintendo's Mario eyes a Mickey Mouse merchandising makeover
- Hepatitis prevention: Protect your liver with these useful tips
- PROMO alert! Hrithik Roshan as Sarman in 'Mohenjo Daro' —Watch now
- Salim Khan recalls Rajesh Khanna’s stardom, responds to Naseeruddin Shah’s ‘bitter’ remarks about first superstar
- BlackBerry DTEK50: 5 reasons why is it touted to be world's most secured smartphone