Kabaddi brings Aamir, Shah Rukh together
Mumbai: Superstars Aamir Khan and Shah Rukh Khan were seen on the same platform here to support Indian sport kabaddi.
The Pro Kabaddi League tournament started here Saturday and the duo, along with other celebrities like Farah Khan, Sachin Tendulkar, Tina Ambani and Kabir Bedi, attended the launch of the eight-city franchise.
Abhishek Bachchan owns Jaipur Pink Panthers, a franchise of the Pro Kabaddi League.
From the Bachchan family, megastar Amitabh, his wife Jaya and daughter-in-law Aishwarya Rai were seen cheering for Abhishek`s kabaddi team.
"Thank u @juniorbachchan 4 inviting us to the Pro Kabaddi opening!! What a fun we had!!" Farah tweeted.
Amitabh, who posted a photo at the launch with the Khans, also thanked them and others, who marked their presence.
"Grateful to all the stars and friends that came out in support - Shah Rukh and Sachin and Aamir, and so many others ... and a blast we had, cheering this very Indian sport ... an occasion a first for India and the game ... great fun ...
"I do hope that we continue to play it the way it has been designed, with all the prominent corporates coming in and many celebrities joining the gang.
His son`s team lost the match, but he was happy with the turnout.
"Pro Kabaddi today (Saturday) started ... Jaipur Pink Panthers v U Mumba ... we LOST !! No sweat ! great atmosphere, and great turn out ... watch," Amitabh tweeted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- It's time for Muslims to rise and protest against some Hindutva forces: Azam Khan
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi