Kallis to contribute to Yuvraj Singh Foundation
Cape Town (South Africa): South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis has said that he will be making a personal contribution to the foundation run and managed by cancer stricken Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
“I would also like to announce that I will be making a personal donation to the Yuvraj Singh Foundation. As we all know, Yuvraj is going through a difficult time at the moment battling a serious illness and I went through a similar experience when my own father died of cancer at a relatively young age,” Sports24 quoted Kallis, as saying.
“I am sure the entire Proteas’ squad and indeed the Cricket South Africa family joins me in wishing him a speedy recovery,” he added.
The Yuvraj Singh Foundation was set up in February 2009 as a non-profit organization. The foundation believes that every life is precious and seeks to bring parity amongst all phases of the society.
The foundation is undertaking various initiatives to promote welfare in the areas of sports, education, health and environment. It is involved in partnerships with NGOs and organisations who are working towards upliftment of the feeble section of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday