Kallis to contribute to Yuvraj Singh Foundation
Cape Town (South Africa): South African all-rounder Jacques Kallis has said that he will be making a personal contribution to the foundation run and managed by cancer stricken Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh.
“I would also like to announce that I will be making a personal donation to the Yuvraj Singh Foundation. As we all know, Yuvraj is going through a difficult time at the moment battling a serious illness and I went through a similar experience when my own father died of cancer at a relatively young age,” Sports24 quoted Kallis, as saying.
“I am sure the entire Proteas’ squad and indeed the Cricket South Africa family joins me in wishing him a speedy recovery,” he added.
The Yuvraj Singh Foundation was set up in February 2009 as a non-profit organization. The foundation believes that every life is precious and seeks to bring parity amongst all phases of the society.
The foundation is undertaking various initiatives to promote welfare in the areas of sports, education, health and environment. It is involved in partnerships with NGOs and organisations who are working towards upliftment of the feeble section of society.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka