Katy Perry to perform at IPL opening ceremony
New Delhi: American pop star Katy Perry will perform during the opening ceremony of the fifth edition of the Indian Premier League on April 3, the organizers announced on Tuesday.
The IPL Opening Nite will be held at the YMCA Grounds in Chennai a day before the start of the Twenty20 cricket league.
"We look forward to Ms. Perry`s participation at the DLF IPL 2012 Opening Nite. A performer of her calibre makes the occasion even more special for the IPL family, players, organisers and fans. The verve and originality of her music matches that of the competition and we look forward to an inspired performance from her," IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla, said in a statement.
Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan, Priyanka Chopra and Salman Khan will also be part of the opening ceremony, which will begin at 7:30 pm.
The venue gates will be thrown open to the audience from 5:00 pm.
The sale of the tickets, pegged at a starting price of Rs 1,500, would be on sale from March 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened