Lampard thanks `bully` father ahead of reaching 100 caps for England in Ukraine
London:English footballer Frank Lampard has said that his dad was a hero and without his criticism, he would have never been able to reach hundred caps for the national team.
According to the Mirror, the Chelsea star will join an elite group of England centurions in Kiev, while already holding the status as the highest-scoring midfielder in Three Lions history. For Lampard, though, none of that England career would have been possible without the ``bully`` who made him what he is, who still gives him an earful if he lets his standards slip, the report said.
The player said that his dad was a left-back who put work ethics onto him and always made him aware of weaknesses, adding that he was always critical of his pace and trying to get in the box to score goals, having the energy to be able to do that.
The Chelsea star conceded, though, he needed a stiff talking to from Frank Senior when he considered turning his back on England during the doomed Steve McClaren era.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'