Lampard thanks `bully` father ahead of reaching 100 caps for England in Ukraine
London:English footballer Frank Lampard has said that his dad was a hero and without his criticism, he would have never been able to reach hundred caps for the national team.
According to the Mirror, the Chelsea star will join an elite group of England centurions in Kiev, while already holding the status as the highest-scoring midfielder in Three Lions history. For Lampard, though, none of that England career would have been possible without the ``bully`` who made him what he is, who still gives him an earful if he lets his standards slip, the report said.
The player said that his dad was a left-back who put work ethics onto him and always made him aware of weaknesses, adding that he was always critical of his pace and trying to get in the box to score goals, having the energy to be able to do that.
The Chelsea star conceded, though, he needed a stiff talking to from Frank Senior when he considered turning his back on England during the doomed Steve McClaren era.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- 3D model demonstrates how sea waves transport materials within aquatic ecosystems
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Rohan Bopanna, Leander Paes reach French Open quarters
- Narendra Modi addresses 'Vikas Parv' rally in Karnataka, unveils cooking gas scheme for poor
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law