Lance Armstrong movie in the works
Los Angeles: Paramount Pictures and film producer J.J. Abrams are planning to bring the career of disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong to the big screen.
Paramount and Abrams` Bad Robot have secured the rights to adapt a forthcoming book on Armstrong by Juliet Macur for the cinema.
Macur`s book, titled "Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong", is due out in June in the US.
Armstrong has acknowledged that he used performance-enhancing drugs for most of his career and that his record seven consecutive Tour de France titles between 1999 and 2005 were all PED-aided.
After long denying using banned substances and saying in recent months that he was the victim of an "unconstitutional witch hunt" conducted by US Anti-Doping Agency chief Travis Tygart, the 41-year-old Armstrong came clean in a prime-time, two-part interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired Thursday and Friday.
Other proposed film projects on Armstrong`s career and the doping accusations against him have fallen through.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed