Lance Armstrong movie in the works
Los Angeles: Paramount Pictures and film producer J.J. Abrams are planning to bring the career of disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong to the big screen.
Paramount and Abrams` Bad Robot have secured the rights to adapt a forthcoming book on Armstrong by Juliet Macur for the cinema.
Macur`s book, titled "Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong", is due out in June in the US.
Armstrong has acknowledged that he used performance-enhancing drugs for most of his career and that his record seven consecutive Tour de France titles between 1999 and 2005 were all PED-aided.
After long denying using banned substances and saying in recent months that he was the victim of an "unconstitutional witch hunt" conducted by US Anti-Doping Agency chief Travis Tygart, the 41-year-old Armstrong came clean in a prime-time, two-part interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired Thursday and Friday.
Other proposed film projects on Armstrong`s career and the doping accusations against him have fallen through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you