Lance Armstrong movie in the works
Los Angeles: Paramount Pictures and film producer J.J. Abrams are planning to bring the career of disgraced American cyclist Lance Armstrong to the big screen.
Paramount and Abrams` Bad Robot have secured the rights to adapt a forthcoming book on Armstrong by Juliet Macur for the cinema.
Macur`s book, titled "Cycle of Lies: The Fall of Lance Armstrong", is due out in June in the US.
Armstrong has acknowledged that he used performance-enhancing drugs for most of his career and that his record seven consecutive Tour de France titles between 1999 and 2005 were all PED-aided.
After long denying using banned substances and saying in recent months that he was the victim of an "unconstitutional witch hunt" conducted by US Anti-Doping Agency chief Travis Tygart, the 41-year-old Armstrong came clean in a prime-time, two-part interview with Oprah Winfrey that aired Thursday and Friday.
Other proposed film projects on Armstrong`s career and the doping accusations against him have fallen through.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog