Liverpool fan suing Steven Gerrard, wife over alleged `street brawl`
London: A Liverpool fan, who is at the centre of legal action against the club`s captain Steven Gerrard and his wife Alex over a street brawl, is reportedly suing the England captain, who could now face a worrying High Court battle in the run-up to the World Cup finals later this year.
It is understood that the alleged altercation was captured on CCTV and is said to have followed an argument in a pub.
According to the Mirror, Paul Lloyd, who lives in the same street as Gerrard, has told friends that he knows the Liverpool star and his wife and is good friends with the footballer`s friend Lee McPartland, who is also named in legal papers
However, a friend of Lloyd said that he is going to get a lot of stick from people for taking legal action against Gerrard, and the report said that Lloyd is believed to have hired a top legal firm to fight his case.
It could all go ahead as Gerrard prepares for the game`s biggest tournament, which is due to kick off in June, and will be an unwelcome distraction for the player and for manager Roy Hodgson, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up