Liverpool fan suing Steven Gerrard, wife over alleged `street brawl`
London: A Liverpool fan, who is at the centre of legal action against the club`s captain Steven Gerrard and his wife Alex over a street brawl, is reportedly suing the England captain, who could now face a worrying High Court battle in the run-up to the World Cup finals later this year.
It is understood that the alleged altercation was captured on CCTV and is said to have followed an argument in a pub.
According to the Mirror, Paul Lloyd, who lives in the same street as Gerrard, has told friends that he knows the Liverpool star and his wife and is good friends with the footballer`s friend Lee McPartland, who is also named in legal papers
However, a friend of Lloyd said that he is going to get a lot of stick from people for taking legal action against Gerrard, and the report said that Lloyd is believed to have hired a top legal firm to fight his case.
It could all go ahead as Gerrard prepares for the game`s biggest tournament, which is due to kick off in June, and will be an unwelcome distraction for the player and for manager Roy Hodgson, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred