London Olympics 2012: Swimmer Federica Pellegrini laughs at hubby’s abstinence claim
London: Federica Pellegrini, one of Italy’s best-known sportswomen, scoffed when her boyfriend and fellow swimmer Filippo Magnini, announced recently that they would refrain from sex during the Games.
“Abstinence! Are you mad?” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
Among the athletes, the swimmers are said to be the most amorous.
A record 150,000 condoms (50,000 more than at the last Olympics) have been made available to athletes should they find they still have energy left after competing. That’s 15 each for the duration of the 17-day Games.
According to US women’s football goalkeeper Hope Solo, they are much needed.
“There’s lots of sex going on at the Olympics,” she said.
Recalling the 2008 Beijing Games, she added: “I’ve seen people having sex out in the open, getting down and dirty on grass between buildings.”
Despite the romps circling the games village, there have been few complaints from the athletes and officials about their beds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Over 600 young leaders recruited by Rahul Gandhi but not given any responsibilities yet: Report
- Afghan Taliban sources confirm death of leader in US attack
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests