London Olympics 2012: Swimmer Federica Pellegrini laughs at hubby’s abstinence claim
London: Federica Pellegrini, one of Italy’s best-known sportswomen, scoffed when her boyfriend and fellow swimmer Filippo Magnini, announced recently that they would refrain from sex during the Games.
“Abstinence! Are you mad?” the Daily Mail quoted her as saying.
Among the athletes, the swimmers are said to be the most amorous.
A record 150,000 condoms (50,000 more than at the last Olympics) have been made available to athletes should they find they still have energy left after competing. That’s 15 each for the duration of the 17-day Games.
According to US women’s football goalkeeper Hope Solo, they are much needed.
“There’s lots of sex going on at the Olympics,” she said.
Recalling the 2008 Beijing Games, she added: “I’ve seen people having sex out in the open, getting down and dirty on grass between buildings.”
Despite the romps circling the games village, there have been few complaints from the athletes and officials about their beds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read