Luke Wright puts playing T20 games ahead of fear of flying
London: English cricketer Luke Wright is determined to play in different international T20 tournaments, despite his fear of flying and his inability to relax on flights.
According to Wright, playing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), the Australian Big Bash (BBL) and the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) required for him to take 38 flights in 2012, which he admitted was a terrifying experience for him.
Stating that this fear is not enough to make him stop playing in the different leagues, Wright revealed that he used to watch the same movies repeatedly to relax himself on flights.
Mentioning his love for the Twenty20 games, Wright said that he insisted that he be paid up front for the Bangladesh Premier League, which is notorious for not being prompt in fulfilling its contractual obligations.
However, Wright said that although the League did not have a good pay system, it is a much better tournament on the cricketing side.
Getting a whopping amount of 200,000 pounds besides his salary from England and the domestic Sussex team, Wright is one of the three English players to play in the IPL, the other two being Kevin Pietersen and Eoin Morgan.
Because he is not involved in England’s Test or one-day side, Wright has permission to play the entire tournament – a boost to his earning power, but one he would willingly sacrifice to get back into England’s 50-over side.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug