Madrid`s wax museum to feature replica of Ronaldo
Madrid: Football star Cristiano Ronaldo signed with the Madrid wax museum, after which two sculptors spent most of an hour taking measurements of his muscular anatomy.
As if Michaelangelo were preparing to carve a statue, the professionals measured the body proportions of the Real Madrid striker, who wore shorts but no shirt.
The work was done using a compass, tape measure, pencil and paper, an approach resembling a scene from the Renaissance. Ronaldo was surprised and then grinned at the sight of the traditional tools.
In what pose do you wish us to immortalize you?
"I don`t know, maybe something natural and simple, like I`m usually seen on the soccer pitch: standing, with my legs a little apart and looking straight ahead," the Portuguese international said, patiently allowing the sculptors to dissect his face into millimeters in the technique of classical drawing, and doing the same with his hands, neck, torso, abdomen and legs.
This is not the first time Ronaldo will be immortalized in wax - his sculptural image already stands in the London museum of Madame Tussauds, though he has never seen it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress