Madrid`s wax museum to feature replica of Ronaldo
Madrid: Football star Cristiano Ronaldo signed with the Madrid wax museum, after which two sculptors spent most of an hour taking measurements of his muscular anatomy.
As if Michaelangelo were preparing to carve a statue, the professionals measured the body proportions of the Real Madrid striker, who wore shorts but no shirt.
The work was done using a compass, tape measure, pencil and paper, an approach resembling a scene from the Renaissance. Ronaldo was surprised and then grinned at the sight of the traditional tools.
In what pose do you wish us to immortalize you?
"I don`t know, maybe something natural and simple, like I`m usually seen on the soccer pitch: standing, with my legs a little apart and looking straight ahead," the Portuguese international said, patiently allowing the sculptors to dissect his face into millimeters in the technique of classical drawing, and doing the same with his hands, neck, torso, abdomen and legs.
This is not the first time Ronaldo will be immortalized in wax - his sculptural image already stands in the London museum of Madame Tussauds, though he has never seen it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'