Maken sanctions ex-gratia assistance to an archer
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken has sanctioned ex-gratia assistance of Rs 5 lakh to an archery player, Rani Dutta from National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons.
Rani Dutta, who has played in various national and international archery competitions, has been living in indigent condition.
The Ministry came to know through a news item that the archer was forced to sell her bow to repair her mud house.
Taking cognizance of her poor financial position, Maken sanctioned the ex-gratia to the archer.
Under the Scheme of National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons, the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports provides lump sum financial assistance to outstanding sportspersons of the past, who are facing financial distress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Swamy drops another bomb, says major revelation on AgustaWestland scam will change politics by 2017
- Make free call from your mobile phone using this free calling trick
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- NASA-inspired 'miracle suit' helps new mothers survive blood loss
- Bombay High Court orders demolition of Adarsh Housing Society