Maken sanctions ex-gratia assistance to an archer
New Delhi: Sports Minister Ajay Maken has sanctioned ex-gratia assistance of Rs 5 lakh to an archery player, Rani Dutta from National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons.
Rani Dutta, who has played in various national and international archery competitions, has been living in indigent condition.
The Ministry came to know through a news item that the archer was forced to sell her bow to repair her mud house.
Taking cognizance of her poor financial position, Maken sanctioned the ex-gratia to the archer.
Under the Scheme of National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons, the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports provides lump sum financial assistance to outstanding sportspersons of the past, who are facing financial distress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi