Manhas detected with dengue
New Delhi: Veteran Delhi batsman Mithun Manhas has become the latest addition to the rising number of dengue cases in the capital, ruling him out of the ongoing Challenger Series.
A resident of South Delhi, Manhas, 34, was selected in Delhi squad for Challenger Series but missed out as he needed hospitalisation due to high fever.
After medical test were conducted, dengue was detected.
"I was hospitalised but now I am back home. I am slowly recovering," Manhas told a news agency.
More than 1700 cases of dengue have been reported in the Delhi region till now.
Asked when he would resume training, he informed that there is still some time for it.
Manhas has been a pillar of strength for Delhi and North Zone over the last decade.
He has also been the state captain for many years. Manhas still has a month before Ranji season starts and is expected to recover in time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers