Maradona`s ex-fiancee wanted for questioning in Dubai
Dubai: Argentine football legend Diego Maradona`s former fiancee is wanted for questioning after Dubai prosecutors issued an arrest warrant pertaining to a theft complaint against her.
Maradona had apparently lodged a police complaint against his 24-year-old countrywoman Rocio Geraldine, accusing her of allegedly stealing his valuable watches and jewellery worth thousands of dirhams on March 10, the Gulf News reported.
Maradona is Dubai Sports Council`s global ambassador.
Rocio, who is a footballer herself, is believed to be in Argentina, the paper said.
Media reports quoted her denying the allegations.
"Maradona`s complaint was referred to Dubai Public Prosecution on June 8. Following further interrogations, prosecutors issued a search and arrest warrant in the suspect`s name on July 9," a chief prosecutor told the paper.
"We will be communicating with Interpol seeking to prosecute her internationally and have her repatriated to Dubai for further legal action," he said.
Maradona, who has been commentating on Brazil`s World Cup, is seeking to have Rocio, whom he got engaged to in February, arrested and brought to justice.
The alleged offence is believed to have taken place shortly after Maradona broke up with Rocio and threw her out of his villa in Dubai.
The total sum of the reportedly stolen valuables could not be estimated as the case is still being investigated.
Maradona is reported to have said that he wants all his missing watches, valuables and diamond earrings that disappeared from his villa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch