Maria Sharapova finally has a Twitter account
Moscow: Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova is finally taking to Twitter after years of loyalty to rival social network Facebook.
Unsurprisingly, the first tweet of the World No. 2, who cruised into the second round of the Australian Open earlier Monday, was a commercial linked to her new line of candy.
"Your ultimate sugarmama has arrived #myfirsttweet," said the fashion icon, whose cover picture shows her glancing back from the wheel of a classic car.
An hour after her first tweet the 25-year-old Sharapova, sport`s highest female earner in 2012, had racked up more than 7,600 followers.
Since 2010 Sharapova has been posting video and text updates on Facebook, where she has 9.2 million "likes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Coal India Limited's 66 coal mine projects facing delays
- Tax dept asks officers to suggest changes in direct tax laws
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony