Maria Sharapova finally has a Twitter account
Moscow: Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova is finally taking to Twitter after years of loyalty to rival social network Facebook.
Unsurprisingly, the first tweet of the World No. 2, who cruised into the second round of the Australian Open earlier Monday, was a commercial linked to her new line of candy.
"Your ultimate sugarmama has arrived #myfirsttweet," said the fashion icon, whose cover picture shows her glancing back from the wheel of a classic car.
An hour after her first tweet the 25-year-old Sharapova, sport`s highest female earner in 2012, had racked up more than 7,600 followers.
Since 2010 Sharapova has been posting video and text updates on Facebook, where she has 9.2 million "likes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state