Maria Sharapova finally has a Twitter account
Moscow: Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova is finally taking to Twitter after years of loyalty to rival social network Facebook.
Unsurprisingly, the first tweet of the World No. 2, who cruised into the second round of the Australian Open earlier Monday, was a commercial linked to her new line of candy.
"Your ultimate sugarmama has arrived #myfirsttweet," said the fashion icon, whose cover picture shows her glancing back from the wheel of a classic car.
An hour after her first tweet the 25-year-old Sharapova, sport`s highest female earner in 2012, had racked up more than 7,600 followers.
Since 2010 Sharapova has been posting video and text updates on Facebook, where she has 9.2 million "likes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi