Maria Sharapova finally has a Twitter account
Moscow: Russian tennis star Maria Sharapova is finally taking to Twitter after years of loyalty to rival social network Facebook.
Unsurprisingly, the first tweet of the World No. 2, who cruised into the second round of the Australian Open earlier Monday, was a commercial linked to her new line of candy.
"Your ultimate sugarmama has arrived #myfirsttweet," said the fashion icon, whose cover picture shows her glancing back from the wheel of a classic car.
An hour after her first tweet the 25-year-old Sharapova, sport`s highest female earner in 2012, had racked up more than 7,600 followers.
Since 2010 Sharapova has been posting video and text updates on Facebook, where she has 9.2 million "likes."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional