Mario Balotelli `headed` for Hollywood
London: Mario Balotelli could soon be on his way to Hollywood after being scouted by a showbiz agent.
Top agent Ari Emanuel, 51, had gone to watch Manchester City’s home game against Southampton on Sunday and was overheard “chatting animatedly” about the 22-year-old striker.
Emanuel is a joint boss of William Morris Endeavour, which represents many of the world’s top stars.
Friends have said that the player might fancy a comedy, as he is a fan of legendary double act Laurel and Hardy.
“Mario has charisma by the bucketload. He’s a fascinating character – someone you feel would be a success at anything” a source said.
Emmanuel had hit the headlines in 2006, when he had called on Hollywood to blacklist Mel Gibson, 56, over reported anti-Semitic remarks that the actor had made, during a drink-drive arrest.
His stature in the industry has led to TV parodies. The characters Stevie Grant, played by Bob Odenkirk on The Larry Sanders Show, and Ari Gold, played by Jeremy Piven on Entourage, are said to be based on him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir