Mario Balotelli thrilled over baby news
London: Mario Balotelli’s former girlfriend Raffaella Fico says she has told him she is expecting his baby — and he’s thrilled.
He said it was the “best news ever” when Fico shared it in a phone call the day before his two goals against Germany took Italy to the Euro 2012 final.
Model Fico, 24, found she was pregnant after the pair ended their one-year relationship following revelation that he bedded hooker Jenny Thompson, 24, behind her back.
The couple had not spoken since cops were called to a furious row at his 3-million-pound Cheshire mansion in May.
But, she has now claimed that they are ready to get back together and become a family.
“I phoned Mario when he was at the Italy team’s training camp on the day before they played Germany,” a newspaper quoted her a saying.
“I told him, ‘You remember our dream to become parents? Well, I am expecting a baby. Your baby.’
“He was silent at first, but then let himself go. He told me, ‘You’ve given me the best news ever.’ The next day he scored twice against the Germans,” she said.
She added that they were now rebuilding their relationship, as she has decided to give him another chance.
“I know how much Mario loves me, and I love him. We are now rebuilding our relationship.
“He’ll be a playful dad and a good, loving partner,” she said.
Fico said they are waiting to find out the sex of the baby — and that Balotelli hopes it will be a boy.
“I know for sure that he or she will wear the surname Balotelli with pride,” she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'