Mary Kom to catwalk for Shabana Azmi
Mumbai: Away from the boxing ring, MC Mary Kom is set to take to the fashion ramp for a cause. The Olympic bronze medallist will walk for veteran actress and social activist Shabana Azmi`s Mijwan Welfare Society (MWS) Sep 3.
"Mary Kom to walk the ramp for Mijwan Sonnets in Fabric on Sep 3. She is such a role model and our Mijwan school girls are over the moon,"
MWS works for girl child empowerment in rural India, and will hold the Mijwan Sonnets In Fabric for the third consecutive year. It will be held at the Grand Hyatt, Mumbai.
The 29-year-old boxer will be among many other celebrities, who have agreed to support the cause.
Deepika Padukone, Karan Johar and Imran Khan will wear clothes made by the NGO`s girls at the event, which also be attended by Amy Jackson, Arjun Kapoor, Chiraag Paswan, Chitrangada Singh, Dia Mirza, Imtiaz Ali, Kalki Koechlin, Kunal Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, Neha Dhupia, Parineeti Chopra, Prateik, Rohit Roy, Rohit Shetty, Sameera Reddy, Shahana Goswami, Shahzanne Padamsee and Yuvraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Manipur HSLC Result 2016, BSEM HSLC Class 10th Results 2016, Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016 to be declared on May 24
- Sensex falls for 4th day on Fed rate hike caution
- Divyanka Tripathi, Vivek Dahiya to marry on July 8
- Ageing is not bad at all, Sushmita Sen explains why!
- Open spaces in Delhi, NCR could be used by anti-national elements, say security agencies