Mary Kom to catwalk for Shabana Azmi
Mumbai: Away from the boxing ring, MC Mary Kom is set to take to the fashion ramp for a cause. The Olympic bronze medallist will walk for veteran actress and social activist Shabana Azmi`s Mijwan Welfare Society (MWS) Sep 3.
"Mary Kom to walk the ramp for Mijwan Sonnets in Fabric on Sep 3. She is such a role model and our Mijwan school girls are over the moon,"
MWS works for girl child empowerment in rural India, and will hold the Mijwan Sonnets In Fabric for the third consecutive year. It will be held at the Grand Hyatt, Mumbai.
The 29-year-old boxer will be among many other celebrities, who have agreed to support the cause.
Deepika Padukone, Karan Johar and Imran Khan will wear clothes made by the NGO`s girls at the event, which also be attended by Amy Jackson, Arjun Kapoor, Chiraag Paswan, Chitrangada Singh, Dia Mirza, Imtiaz Ali, Kalki Koechlin, Kunal Kapoor, Malaika Arora Khan, Neha Dhupia, Parineeti Chopra, Prateik, Rohit Roy, Rohit Shetty, Sameera Reddy, Shahana Goswami, Shahzanne Padamsee and Yuvraj Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'
- Applications of Pak, India for NSG membership cannot be considered in isolation: Pakistan Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- US election is about more than beating Donald Trump: Senator Bernie Sanders