McGrath’s idea of a honeymoon – cricket lunch
While most people prefer flying off to a holiday destination right after marriage, Glenn McGrath’s idea of a honeymoon was different - spending the first day of his second marriage with cricketing mates.
Leaving new bride Sara Leonardi behind at their Woolooware home and with their honeymoon plans on hold, the former fast bowler honoured a speaking engagement in Sydney - less than 24 hours after tying the knot.
McGrath again surprised guests by fronting for the Randwick Petersham Cricket Club’s Ashes lunch at Water’s Edge restaurant, Walsh Bay.
Flashing a simple gold wedding band on his ring finger, he used his keynote speech to boast about giving the media the slip on his big day.
With a nod to his late wife Jane, who lost her fight with breast cancer two years ago, McGrath told the audience, “It’s been a tough few years but it was a really happy day for our families.”
However, while leaving the event, a publication asked jovial groom about his idea of a honeymoon with cricketers.
“I had committed to Whit [former cricketer Mike Whitney] that I would do this so I wanted to stand by that,” the Daily Telegraph quoted McGrath as saying.
And those holiday plans with his wife?
“We’ll see,” he said, coyly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'