McGrath’s idea of a honeymoon – cricket lunch
While most people prefer flying off to a holiday destination right after marriage, Glenn McGrath’s idea of a honeymoon was different - spending the first day of his second marriage with cricketing mates.
Leaving new bride Sara Leonardi behind at their Woolooware home and with their honeymoon plans on hold, the former fast bowler honoured a speaking engagement in Sydney - less than 24 hours after tying the knot.
McGrath again surprised guests by fronting for the Randwick Petersham Cricket Club’s Ashes lunch at Water’s Edge restaurant, Walsh Bay.
Flashing a simple gold wedding band on his ring finger, he used his keynote speech to boast about giving the media the slip on his big day.
With a nod to his late wife Jane, who lost her fight with breast cancer two years ago, McGrath told the audience, “It’s been a tough few years but it was a really happy day for our families.”
However, while leaving the event, a publication asked jovial groom about his idea of a honeymoon with cricketers.
“I had committed to Whit [former cricketer Mike Whitney] that I would do this so I wanted to stand by that,” the Daily Telegraph quoted McGrath as saying.
And those holiday plans with his wife?
“We’ll see,” he said, coyly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family