Messi`s young son already member of Argentine club
Buenos Aires: The infant son of Barcelona star Lionel Messi has already been signed up as a member of Argentine club Newell`s Old Boys, where Messi played at youth level before leaving for Barcelona.
Newell`s said on Thursday that the membership for young Thiago, born Nov. 2, had been initiated by Messi`s grandfather, Jorge.
Lionel Messi was born in the Argentine city of Rosario, located some 300 kilometers (200 miles) northwest of Buenos Aires and remains a fan of Newell`s, his hometown team.
Newell`s is in the midst of one of its best seasons in memory, sitting on top of the Argentine first division under new coach Gerardo Martino. Martino coached Paraguay to the quarterfinals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi