Messi`s young son already member of Argentine club
Buenos Aires: The infant son of Barcelona star Lionel Messi has already been signed up as a member of Argentine club Newell`s Old Boys, where Messi played at youth level before leaving for Barcelona.
Newell`s said on Thursday that the membership for young Thiago, born Nov. 2, had been initiated by Messi`s grandfather, Jorge.
Lionel Messi was born in the Argentine city of Rosario, located some 300 kilometers (200 miles) northwest of Buenos Aires and remains a fan of Newell`s, his hometown team.
Newell`s is in the midst of one of its best seasons in memory, sitting on top of the Argentine first division under new coach Gerardo Martino. Martino coached Paraguay to the quarterfinals of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'