Michael Jordan engaged to model Yvette Prieto
Charlotte: US basketball legend Michael Jordan is engaged to his long-time girlfriend Yvette Prieto, his spokeswoman said.
Jordan, 48, considered the greatest U.S. basketball player of all time, proposed to Cuban-American model Prieto, 32, over the Christmas holidays, the spokeswoman told TV station WCNC in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The couple have been dating for about three years. It will be the second marriage for Jordan, who divorced his wife Juanita in 2006 after 17 years.
Jordan spent almost 19 years with the National Basketball Association, retiring twice from the Chicago Bulls before finally quitting the game and the Washington Wizards in 2003.
He endorsed the successful line of Nike Air Jordan athletic shoes and appeared as himself in the 1996 movie "Space Jam."
Jordan is currently the majority owner of the NBA`s Charlotte Bobcats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?