Mike Tyson finally granted Oz visa
Sydney: Legendary boxer Mike Tyson has finally been granted a visa for his first ever Australian tour.
The controversial former heavyweight world champion was last week blocked from entering New Zealand due to his 1992 rape conviction.
A spokeswoman from Australia`s Department of Immigration and Citizenship told the Herald Sun on the condition of anonymity on Wednesday that it had granted Tyson an entertainment visa to cover the duration of his five-city Australian tour starting next month.
She said officials carefully weighed the pros and cons of his visit and of his character given his criminal past.
Tyson was to visit both countries on a ‘Day of the Champions’ tour.
New Zealand immigration authorities initially granted him a visa before a charity withdrew its support and officials reversed their decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'