MS Dhoni forays into the world of bike racing
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, captain of Indian team, besides being a cricketer is an avid biker.
His passion for the bikes has now led him to the world of moto racing as he now has his own team in the Superbike Championship.
Kawasaki MSD R-N Team India quietly made its debut in the Supersport World Championship after being unveiled on raceday last month by team principal Amit Sandill in Czech Republic.
We are looking at it from the long term perspective,” Sandill said.
“Trying to grow the sport in Asia, the sport itself is in a pretty nascent stage in Asia so this is a first step. Trying to get to the championship and making a kind of mark in the championship and then take the sport to India and then other countries in Asia. We would also like to start a Racing Academy. Behind all this is the passion, which comes as a bonus,” he added
Along with Telugu actor Nagarjuna, Dhoni forms a part of the team management with the former being named as one of the directors.
Dan Linfoot of Great Britain and Florian Marino of France are the two riders currently competing for the team in the championship.
Buddh International Circuit is set to host the first ever race of the World Superbike Championship in March next year and the team has been strategically launched keeping the arrival of the sport in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply