MS Dhoni forays into the world of bike racing
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Mahendra Singh Dhoni, captain of Indian team, besides being a cricketer is an avid biker.
His passion for the bikes has now led him to the world of moto racing as he now has his own team in the Superbike Championship.
Kawasaki MSD R-N Team India quietly made its debut in the Supersport World Championship after being unveiled on raceday last month by team principal Amit Sandill in Czech Republic.
We are looking at it from the long term perspective,” Sandill said.
“Trying to grow the sport in Asia, the sport itself is in a pretty nascent stage in Asia so this is a first step. Trying to get to the championship and making a kind of mark in the championship and then take the sport to India and then other countries in Asia. We would also like to start a Racing Academy. Behind all this is the passion, which comes as a bonus,” he added
Along with Telugu actor Nagarjuna, Dhoni forms a part of the team management with the former being named as one of the directors.
Dan Linfoot of Great Britain and Florian Marino of France are the two riders currently competing for the team in the championship.
Buddh International Circuit is set to host the first ever race of the World Superbike Championship in March next year and the team has been strategically launched keeping the arrival of the sport in India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31