Nike launches new training apparel for Indian cricket team
Chennai: India coach Duncan Fletcher along with six cricketers on Monday launched new training apparel from Nike to be used by the Sri Lanka-bound team members and the support staff, at a function here at the M A Chidambaram Stadium.
Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ajinkya Rahane and Pragyan Ojha were present on the occasion.
Made from Nike`s proprietary Dri-FIT fabric, the Nike Vapor top and shorts helps wick sweat away and keeps the athlete dry.
"While athletes train for the game of cricket, their apparel needs to offer them the right protection, freedom of movement and flexibility. This apart, athletes play and train for the sport in varying weather conditions.
All these factors play a crucial role while designing training gear and I am confident that Nike`s new training apparel fulfills these requirements." said Fletcher.
"The sport of cricket demands long hours of training. The apparel is light and comfortable and gives better ventilation and increases air flow, which keeps us cool and it is advantageous while training," Virat added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him