Nike launches new training apparel for Indian cricket team
Chennai: India coach Duncan Fletcher along with six cricketers on Monday launched new training apparel from Nike to be used by the Sri Lanka-bound team members and the support staff, at a function here at the M A Chidambaram Stadium.
Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ajinkya Rahane and Pragyan Ojha were present on the occasion.
Made from Nike`s proprietary Dri-FIT fabric, the Nike Vapor top and shorts helps wick sweat away and keeps the athlete dry.
"While athletes train for the game of cricket, their apparel needs to offer them the right protection, freedom of movement and flexibility. This apart, athletes play and train for the sport in varying weather conditions.
All these factors play a crucial role while designing training gear and I am confident that Nike`s new training apparel fulfills these requirements." said Fletcher.
"The sport of cricket demands long hours of training. The apparel is light and comfortable and gives better ventilation and increases air flow, which keeps us cool and it is advantageous while training," Virat added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore