Nike launches new training apparel for Indian cricket team
Chennai: India coach Duncan Fletcher along with six cricketers on Monday launched new training apparel from Nike to be used by the Sri Lanka-bound team members and the support staff, at a function here at the M A Chidambaram Stadium.
Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Zaheer Khan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ajinkya Rahane and Pragyan Ojha were present on the occasion.
Made from Nike`s proprietary Dri-FIT fabric, the Nike Vapor top and shorts helps wick sweat away and keeps the athlete dry.
"While athletes train for the game of cricket, their apparel needs to offer them the right protection, freedom of movement and flexibility. This apart, athletes play and train for the sport in varying weather conditions.
All these factors play a crucial role while designing training gear and I am confident that Nike`s new training apparel fulfills these requirements." said Fletcher.
"The sport of cricket demands long hours of training. The apparel is light and comfortable and gives better ventilation and increases air flow, which keeps us cool and it is advantageous while training," Virat added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation