Novak Djokovic ties the knot with finacee in lavish Montenegro wedding
Johannesburg: Tennis star Novak Djokovic tied know with his longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic in a posh outdoor religious ceremony which was held near to the Montenegro islet Sveti Stefan recently.
A source close to the family said that the couple`s nuptials at the Adriatic resort, which was followed by a banquet, was graced by the presence of their families and close friends, 24.com reported.
Guest`s who attended the ceremony included Maria Sharapova, Djokovic`s coach Marjan Vajda and his wife, as well as his Serbian fellow tennis players Viktor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic and Janko Tipsarevic.
The 27-year-old World no. 1 player and Ristic, who are also expecting their first child due to be born late 2014, had reportedly secured the venue by making nearby beaches off-limits and having officers dressed as civilians parole the area, in addition to putting a ban at bringing camera or phones at the ceremony.
The Serbian star, who recently claimed his 2nd Wimbledon title, had earlier told the media that he might take a break from the sport as his main focus would now be towards his wife and family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian captain to hit double century in away Test
- 2016 Rio Olympics: Russia bids to avoid ban as IOC reports new test failures
- What did she do that people tied her with rope and handed over to police? - Must read
- Assam flood situation grim, close to 3 lakh remain affected
- Sam Allardyce gets England job at second time of asking