Novak Djokovic ties the knot with finacee in lavish Montenegro wedding
Johannesburg: Tennis star Novak Djokovic tied know with his longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic in a posh outdoor religious ceremony which was held near to the Montenegro islet Sveti Stefan recently.
A source close to the family said that the couple`s nuptials at the Adriatic resort, which was followed by a banquet, was graced by the presence of their families and close friends, 24.com reported.
Guest`s who attended the ceremony included Maria Sharapova, Djokovic`s coach Marjan Vajda and his wife, as well as his Serbian fellow tennis players Viktor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic and Janko Tipsarevic.
The 27-year-old World no. 1 player and Ristic, who are also expecting their first child due to be born late 2014, had reportedly secured the venue by making nearby beaches off-limits and having officers dressed as civilians parole the area, in addition to putting a ban at bringing camera or phones at the ceremony.
The Serbian star, who recently claimed his 2nd Wimbledon title, had earlier told the media that he might take a break from the sport as his main focus would now be towards his wife and family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble