Novak Djokovic ties the knot with finacee in lavish Montenegro wedding
Johannesburg: Tennis star Novak Djokovic tied know with his longtime girlfriend Jelena Ristic in a posh outdoor religious ceremony which was held near to the Montenegro islet Sveti Stefan recently.
A source close to the family said that the couple`s nuptials at the Adriatic resort, which was followed by a banquet, was graced by the presence of their families and close friends, 24.com reported.
Guest`s who attended the ceremony included Maria Sharapova, Djokovic`s coach Marjan Vajda and his wife, as well as his Serbian fellow tennis players Viktor Troicki, Nenad Zimonjic and Janko Tipsarevic.
The 27-year-old World no. 1 player and Ristic, who are also expecting their first child due to be born late 2014, had reportedly secured the venue by making nearby beaches off-limits and having officers dressed as civilians parole the area, in addition to putting a ban at bringing camera or phones at the ceremony.
The Serbian star, who recently claimed his 2nd Wimbledon title, had earlier told the media that he might take a break from the sport as his main focus would now be towards his wife and family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees