Obama pokes fun at Beckham over his underwear line
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Washington: David Beckham’s LA Galaxy teammate had a hearty laugh at his expense. The reason was US President Barack Obama making fun of the football superstar over his underwear line.
He described him as a ‘rare man’ with a knack of managing football career along with his own line of underwear.
“He is tough. It is a rare man who can be that tough on the field and also have his own line of underwear. David Beckham is that man," Obama was quoted as saying in media reports.
Beckham could only grin in embarrassment.
Barcak Obama didn’t stop at this and further went on to make joke on his age saying some of his teammates were young enough to be his kids.
"I have to say I gave David a hard time - I said half his teammates could be his kids. We`re getting old David, although you`re holding up better than me," he said.
Beckham along with his teammates was invited by the president to honour them after winning Major League Soccer for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- First Minister Nicola Sturgeon plans EU future for Scotland after Brexit
- Seven hospitalized in California stabbing at neo-Nazi rally
- I respect martyrdom but you're trained to kill enemy, not to die - Manohar Parrikar told jawans
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal