Obama pokes fun at Beckham over his underwear line
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Washington: David Beckham’s LA Galaxy teammate had a hearty laugh at his expense. The reason was US President Barack Obama making fun of the football superstar over his underwear line.
He described him as a ‘rare man’ with a knack of managing football career along with his own line of underwear.
“He is tough. It is a rare man who can be that tough on the field and also have his own line of underwear. David Beckham is that man," Obama was quoted as saying in media reports.
Beckham could only grin in embarrassment.
Barcak Obama didn’t stop at this and further went on to make joke on his age saying some of his teammates were young enough to be his kids.
"I have to say I gave David a hard time - I said half his teammates could be his kids. We`re getting old David, although you`re holding up better than me," he said.
Beckham along with his teammates was invited by the president to honour them after winning Major League Soccer for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you