Obama pokes fun at Beckham over his underwear line
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Washington: David Beckham’s LA Galaxy teammate had a hearty laugh at his expense. The reason was US President Barack Obama making fun of the football superstar over his underwear line.
He described him as a ‘rare man’ with a knack of managing football career along with his own line of underwear.
“He is tough. It is a rare man who can be that tough on the field and also have his own line of underwear. David Beckham is that man," Obama was quoted as saying in media reports.
Beckham could only grin in embarrassment.
Barcak Obama didn’t stop at this and further went on to make joke on his age saying some of his teammates were young enough to be his kids.
"I have to say I gave David a hard time - I said half his teammates could be his kids. We`re getting old David, although you`re holding up better than me," he said.
Beckham along with his teammates was invited by the president to honour them after winning Major League Soccer for the third time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!