Priyanka has done a brilliant job in the film, says Mary Kom
New Delhi: Biopics on sportspersons are in vogue with the box-office success of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` being an indicator and that`s why Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom is comfident that Priyanka Chopra`s work in the film on former`s life will strike a chord with the audience.
"I have watched the film at a special screening and I liked it a lot. It was a very nice feeling to watch the movie and it has come out very well. Priyanka is absolutely brilliant in the movie. It was a stunning performance by her and I was moved by her acting," Mary Kom said on the sidelines of a promotional event of the Central Reserve Police Force.
`Mary Kom` is slated to release on September 5 with Priyanka Chopra in the lead role while new actor Darshan Kumar will be play the role of her husband Onler Kom.
It also stars Danny Denzongpa, Rajni Basumatary, Sunil Thapa. The film has been directed by Omung Kumar and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble