Priyanka has done a brilliant job in the film, says Mary Kom
New Delhi: Biopics on sportspersons are in vogue with the box-office success of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` being an indicator and that`s why Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom is comfident that Priyanka Chopra`s work in the film on former`s life will strike a chord with the audience.
"I have watched the film at a special screening and I liked it a lot. It was a very nice feeling to watch the movie and it has come out very well. Priyanka is absolutely brilliant in the movie. It was a stunning performance by her and I was moved by her acting," Mary Kom said on the sidelines of a promotional event of the Central Reserve Police Force.
`Mary Kom` is slated to release on September 5 with Priyanka Chopra in the lead role while new actor Darshan Kumar will be play the role of her husband Onler Kom.
It also stars Danny Denzongpa, Rajni Basumatary, Sunil Thapa. The film has been directed by Omung Kumar and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September