Priyanka has done a brilliant job in the film, says Mary Kom
New Delhi: Biopics on sportspersons are in vogue with the box-office success of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag` being an indicator and that`s why Olympic bronze medallist M C Mary Kom is comfident that Priyanka Chopra`s work in the film on former`s life will strike a chord with the audience.
"I have watched the film at a special screening and I liked it a lot. It was a very nice feeling to watch the movie and it has come out very well. Priyanka is absolutely brilliant in the movie. It was a stunning performance by her and I was moved by her acting," Mary Kom said on the sidelines of a promotional event of the Central Reserve Police Force.
`Mary Kom` is slated to release on September 5 with Priyanka Chopra in the lead role while new actor Darshan Kumar will be play the role of her husband Onler Kom.
It also stars Danny Denzongpa, Rajni Basumatary, Sunil Thapa. The film has been directed by Omung Kumar and produced by Sanjay Leela Bhansali.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral