Purple dress proves unlucky for golf prodigy Michelle Wie at US Open
London: Michelle Wie, who seemed confident that she was going to be crowned US Open champion on Sunday, concentrated on her tilt at the title but her male fans ended up looking at the wrong pins whenever she played a shot due to the high hemline on her tight dress.
The 22-year-old golfer wore wore purple, the colour of royalty, as she played her final round at the prestigious LPGA event in Koler, Wisconsin.
The Big Wiesy looked relaxed as she tried to break her duck and win her first professional major, the Daily Mail reported.
But it seems purple is her unlucky colour after all, as she slid down the leaderboard after starting in thirteenth position ending 11 shots under par and tied in 35th place.
However, the American golf prodigy still gave her burgeoning fanbase something to smile about thanks to her bold outfit.
Michelle had been tipped to be the female Tiger Woods after a glittering amateur career as a teenager.
But she has struggled to live up to her promise since turning professional, and has yet to win a major tournament, though she was runner up at the LPGA Championship in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!