Purple dress proves unlucky for golf prodigy Michelle Wie at US Open
London: Michelle Wie, who seemed confident that she was going to be crowned US Open champion on Sunday, concentrated on her tilt at the title but her male fans ended up looking at the wrong pins whenever she played a shot due to the high hemline on her tight dress.
The 22-year-old golfer wore wore purple, the colour of royalty, as she played her final round at the prestigious LPGA event in Koler, Wisconsin.
The Big Wiesy looked relaxed as she tried to break her duck and win her first professional major, the Daily Mail reported.
But it seems purple is her unlucky colour after all, as she slid down the leaderboard after starting in thirteenth position ending 11 shots under par and tied in 35th place.
However, the American golf prodigy still gave her burgeoning fanbase something to smile about thanks to her bold outfit.
Michelle had been tipped to be the female Tiger Woods after a glittering amateur career as a teenager.
But she has struggled to live up to her promise since turning professional, and has yet to win a major tournament, though she was runner up at the LPGA Championship in 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog