QPR striker Cisse splits with wife after seven years of marriage
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) striker Djibril Cisse is set to divorce wife of seven years, Jude, according to the French footballer`s spokesperson.
According to the Daily Mail, the couple quietly separated a few months ago.
The 31-year-old France player and his separated Welsh wife have three children together, and one each from previous relationships.
The football player has been seen hitting the town solo since the split, including celebrating his 31st birthday in August without his estranged wife by his side, the paper reported.
Djibril and his wife met in a Liverpool nightclub and later wed in 2005 at Bodelwyddan Castle in Wales, with the sports star wearing a Liverpool red tuxedo, according to the paper.
The couple had a lavish 100,000-pound ceremony, which was attended by QPR player Shaun Wright-Phillips and Cissé`s French national teammates Louis Saha and Sylvain Wiltord, the paper said.
In January 2006, Djibril was cautioned for assaulting Jude at their Cheshire home, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Houston shooting: Two shot dead including suspect, six left wounded
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all