QPR striker Cisse splits with wife after seven years of marriage
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) striker Djibril Cisse is set to divorce wife of seven years, Jude, according to the French footballer`s spokesperson.
According to the Daily Mail, the couple quietly separated a few months ago.
The 31-year-old France player and his separated Welsh wife have three children together, and one each from previous relationships.
The football player has been seen hitting the town solo since the split, including celebrating his 31st birthday in August without his estranged wife by his side, the paper reported.
Djibril and his wife met in a Liverpool nightclub and later wed in 2005 at Bodelwyddan Castle in Wales, with the sports star wearing a Liverpool red tuxedo, according to the paper.
The couple had a lavish 100,000-pound ceremony, which was attended by QPR player Shaun Wright-Phillips and Cissé`s French national teammates Louis Saha and Sylvain Wiltord, the paper said.
In January 2006, Djibril was cautioned for assaulting Jude at their Cheshire home, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH