QPR striker Cisse splits with wife after seven years of marriage
London: Queens Park Rangers (QPR) striker Djibril Cisse is set to divorce wife of seven years, Jude, according to the French footballer`s spokesperson.
According to the Daily Mail, the couple quietly separated a few months ago.
The 31-year-old France player and his separated Welsh wife have three children together, and one each from previous relationships.
The football player has been seen hitting the town solo since the split, including celebrating his 31st birthday in August without his estranged wife by his side, the paper reported.
Djibril and his wife met in a Liverpool nightclub and later wed in 2005 at Bodelwyddan Castle in Wales, with the sports star wearing a Liverpool red tuxedo, according to the paper.
The couple had a lavish 100,000-pound ceremony, which was attended by QPR player Shaun Wright-Phillips and Cissé`s French national teammates Louis Saha and Sylvain Wiltord, the paper said.
In January 2006, Djibril was cautioned for assaulting Jude at their Cheshire home, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’