Record surge in social media activity witnessed by Wimbledon this year
London: 6.6 million tweets about Wimbledon were received this year during the two-week tournament, which outlasted last year`s figure of 2.5 million, according to data released by partner IBM.
Facebook too reported more than 20 million posts, comments and likes relating to the competition along with Google recording more than two million searches for match winner Andy Murray.
The report also said that more than 500,000 people had chosen to search for information about his girlfriend Kim Sears.
However, Facebook profile of rival Novak Djokovic attracted 3.1 million likes, which was three times as many as Murray, the report added.
Meanwhile, Andy Murray`s victory tweet was re-tweeted 77,000 times in just over an hour and women`s champion Marion Bartoli attracted 18,412 likes for her official page, with Sabine Lisicki gathering 290,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali to compose music for 'Padmavati'
- Teenager killed in firing by security forces as Rajnath Singh visits Kashmir
- Rio Olympics highlights: Ten moments that defined the Games for Indian contingent
- Rajkummar Rao, Kriti Sanon team up for 'Bareilly Ki Barfi'
- Altaf Hussain gives up MQM leadership after calling Pakistan 'cancer'