Record surge in social media activity witnessed by Wimbledon this year
London: 6.6 million tweets about Wimbledon were received this year during the two-week tournament, which outlasted last year`s figure of 2.5 million, according to data released by partner IBM.
Facebook too reported more than 20 million posts, comments and likes relating to the competition along with Google recording more than two million searches for match winner Andy Murray.
The report also said that more than 500,000 people had chosen to search for information about his girlfriend Kim Sears.
However, Facebook profile of rival Novak Djokovic attracted 3.1 million likes, which was three times as many as Murray, the report added.
Meanwhile, Andy Murray`s victory tweet was re-tweeted 77,000 times in just over an hour and women`s champion Marion Bartoli attracted 18,412 likes for her official page, with Sabine Lisicki gathering 290,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers
- Are Saturn's rings bending? NASA releases strange image from Cassini (Pic inside)
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir
- Rio Olympics 2016: Amid Zika fears, Eugenie Bouchard confirms she'll play in coveted event
- Gionee M6, M6 Plus smartphones with marathon battery launching today