Record surge in social media activity witnessed by Wimbledon this year
London: 6.6 million tweets about Wimbledon were received this year during the two-week tournament, which outlasted last year`s figure of 2.5 million, according to data released by partner IBM.
Facebook too reported more than 20 million posts, comments and likes relating to the competition along with Google recording more than two million searches for match winner Andy Murray.
The report also said that more than 500,000 people had chosen to search for information about his girlfriend Kim Sears.
However, Facebook profile of rival Novak Djokovic attracted 3.1 million likes, which was three times as many as Murray, the report added.
Meanwhile, Andy Murray`s victory tweet was re-tweeted 77,000 times in just over an hour and women`s champion Marion Bartoli attracted 18,412 likes for her official page, with Sabine Lisicki gathering 290,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister