Record surge in social media activity witnessed by Wimbledon this year
London: 6.6 million tweets about Wimbledon were received this year during the two-week tournament, which outlasted last year`s figure of 2.5 million, according to data released by partner IBM.
Facebook too reported more than 20 million posts, comments and likes relating to the competition along with Google recording more than two million searches for match winner Andy Murray.
The report also said that more than 500,000 people had chosen to search for information about his girlfriend Kim Sears.
However, Facebook profile of rival Novak Djokovic attracted 3.1 million likes, which was three times as many as Murray, the report added.
Meanwhile, Andy Murray`s victory tweet was re-tweeted 77,000 times in just over an hour and women`s champion Marion Bartoli attracted 18,412 likes for her official page, with Sabine Lisicki gathering 290,000.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Experts hail Indian Army's surgical strikes on Pakistan
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says