Retired NBA legend Jordan marries Prieto: Reports
Miami: Retired NBA legend Michael Jordan married model Yvette Prieto at a ceremony in Florida on Saturday with a lavish reception at a luxury golf community.
Jordan, 50, led the Chicago Bulls to six NBA titles during his playing days and his name remains one of the top brands in sports marketing. He now owns the NBA`s Charlotte Bobcats.
Prieto, 35, met Jordan at a Miami club in 2008 and they have dated for five years. The couple became engaged in 2011 and applied for a marriage license last month at the county courthouse in Palm Beach, Florida.
People reported that about 500 people attended the wedding ceremony in an Episcopal church and another 1,500 joined the couple for a reception at the Bear`s Club, a golf course community in nearby Jupiter.
Celebrity news show Entertainment Tonight posted a picture on its Twitter feed of the couple dancing at the reception.
People reported that Jordan recently purchased a home in the Bear`s Club development, named for the designer of the course, 18-time major champion Jack Nicklaus, whose nickname was the "Golden Bear".
It was the second marriage for Jordan, who divorced his first wife Juanita in 2006 after 17 years of marriage. They had three children together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details