Rhodes enjoys skiing in Gulmarg
Srinagar: As South Africa feels the heat after the narrow loss to England in the World Cup, its former player Jhonty Rhodes is enjoying skiing in the cool limes of Gulmarg near here.
Rhodes, who is on a week-long visit to valley on the invitation of the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department, arrived here yesterday, an official said.
"Rhodes had visited our stall at the London Travel Mart and expressed his desire to visit Kashmir and told our officials that he had heard a lot about beauty of Kashmir. An invitation was extended to him and he has kept his word," the official said.
The South African visited the Royal Springs Golf Course yesterday and went to Gulmarg this morning for enjoying skiing in the world famous winter sport resort.
Rhodes is known for his love for different sports. Besides being the best fielder in Cricket, he has also played hockey at international level for his country.
Although attempts to contact the former cricketer did not fructify, the official said Rhodes has been impressed by the beauty of the place and intends to return to the valley in future as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win