Rhodes enjoys skiing in Gulmarg
Srinagar: As South Africa feels the heat after the narrow loss to England in the World Cup, its former player Jhonty Rhodes is enjoying skiing in the cool limes of Gulmarg near here.
Rhodes, who is on a week-long visit to valley on the invitation of the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department, arrived here yesterday, an official said.
"Rhodes had visited our stall at the London Travel Mart and expressed his desire to visit Kashmir and told our officials that he had heard a lot about beauty of Kashmir. An invitation was extended to him and he has kept his word," the official said.
The South African visited the Royal Springs Golf Course yesterday and went to Gulmarg this morning for enjoying skiing in the world famous winter sport resort.
Rhodes is known for his love for different sports. Besides being the best fielder in Cricket, he has also played hockey at international level for his country.
Although attempts to contact the former cricketer did not fructify, the official said Rhodes has been impressed by the beauty of the place and intends to return to the valley in future as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!