Rio Ferdinand admits to wearing lipstick for TV show
London: Former England Captain Rio Ferdinand has revealed that he wears lipstick and has been trained to be a ballet dancer.
The 33-year-old revealed his make-up secret while talking about his new role as a judge on ITV talent show ‘Let’s Get Gold’.
Referring to looking good in front of the cameras, the Manchester United player said that putting on make-up was part and parcel of being on a TV show.
“It’s part and parcel of what happens when you sign up to do this,” a newspaper quoted him as saying.
“You know you’re going to have to put it a bit of make-up on, bit of lipstick and stuff.
“I think I’ll get the mick taken out of me a little bit after a couple of the things that have gone on. The most important thing is we’re not afraid to laugh at ourselves,” he said.
The footballer said that he could move into TV work as well as football coaching when he finishes his playing career at Old Trafford.
He then went on to admit that viewers would even see him doing Ballet on the show.
“I actually do ballet onstage. I have done it before when I was about 10 years old. I did gymnastics and my coach said he thought I could do ballet,” he said.
“I went because it was somewhere to see new people and be in a different environment to my estate.
“So I went to a place in Farringdon for about four years. I met a lot of girls there! I really enjoyed it,” he said.
But he revealed that when he was forced to choose between football and ballet, he chose the former as he felt that he wasn’t “good enough to be a professional ballet dancer”.
“I didn’t really get teased actually. At first maybe you do but then you find you’re comfortable with yourself and staying out of trouble, and getting girls,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron