Rooney cleared of Nike `Twitter plug` by advertising body
London: The Advertising Standards Authority has cleared Manchester United`s Wayne Rooney of a Twitter plug after they found that a tweet posted for Nike`s marketing campaign did not break advertising rules.
According to The Independent, the tweet by the England and Manchester United star stated that the pitches change but the killer instinct doesn`t and you could own the turf, anywhere, with the NikeFootball hashtag.
Previously the ASA banned a Nike campaign featuring tweets from Rooney, one of its brand ambassadors, because they were not clearly identified as promotional messages, the report said.
The ASA cleared the Rooney tweet because it was obviously identifiable as a marketing communication, the report added.
The ruling represents a victory for Nike, which lost an independent review of the ASA`s decision to ban its previous promotional Rooney tweet, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray