Rooney goes golfing near Chelsea greens
London: Even as a hamstring injury keeps England striker Wayne Rooney out of action, he was seen enjoying a session of golf at an exclusive course just ten miles away from Chelsea`s training ground.
According to the Daily Star, the player was spotted at the Grove Hotel in Hertfordshire on Saturday night, before journeying to Surrey on Sunday, with Queenwood being one of the most exclusive golf courses in Europe, where members can only join by invitation.
The report said that news about Rooney being so close to Chelsea`s Cobham base will be interesting to Old Trafford officials, with United insisting that they do not want to sell their 240,000 pounds a week striker.
Chelsea last week failed with a 20m pounds bid for the unsettled striker, who faces a race against time to be fit for the start of the new season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das