Rooney goes golfing near Chelsea greens
London: Even as a hamstring injury keeps England striker Wayne Rooney out of action, he was seen enjoying a session of golf at an exclusive course just ten miles away from Chelsea`s training ground.
According to the Daily Star, the player was spotted at the Grove Hotel in Hertfordshire on Saturday night, before journeying to Surrey on Sunday, with Queenwood being one of the most exclusive golf courses in Europe, where members can only join by invitation.
The report said that news about Rooney being so close to Chelsea`s Cobham base will be interesting to Old Trafford officials, with United insisting that they do not want to sell their 240,000 pounds a week striker.
Chelsea last week failed with a 20m pounds bid for the unsettled striker, who faces a race against time to be fit for the start of the new season, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!