Rudolph happy to buy Kallis ‘expensive’ whisky
Johannesburg: Jacques Rudolph’s is more than happy to buy team mate Jacques Kallis one of the most expensive whiskies in the world, after he hit his first century for South Africa since his return in the national team after five years.
Rudolph scored an unbeaten 105 on the fourth day of the first Test match against New Zealand in Dunedin, which ended in a rain-enforced draw.
He said he is ready to do anything to cement his spot in the national team, but he owed his success to the interference of batting partner Kallis when he had reached just 10.
A leg before wicket appeal by fast bowler Doug Bracewell was upheld by umpire Aleem Dar, but was upturned on an appeal when replays showed the ball to have pitched fractionally outside leg stump.
“I thought I was stone dead. You know when you`re out and I thought I was gone,” Sports 24 quoted Rudolph, as saying.
“I told Jacques that I wasn`t going to ask for the referral and started to walk off, but he said ``hang on, maybe it was pitching outside leg stump``,” Rudolph said.
“But I was sure and said it would be a waste of a referral. But Jacques insisted, so I asked for it. I was very, very pleasantly surprised when the decision came back,” he added.
After few overs Kallis was dismissed but made sure Rudolph remembered his good turn: “If you get a hundred then I want a double (Johnnie Walker) Blue Label,” Kallis said as he walked off.
One of the most expensive whiskies in the world usually sells for around 200 Rand per shot at hotel prices.
“No problem. I`ll buy him a bottle if he wants,” he said while laughing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged