Russian Winter Olympic mascots to appear on coins
Moscow: Russia has started minting 10 million commemorative coins featuring the three mascots of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games, organisers said on Tuesday.
"There will be up to 10 million coins depicting the Bear, Hare and Snow Leopard," the Olympic Committee said in a statement. The coins will become available in April.
A total of 12 kinds of commemorative coins will be issued in 2012, featuring Olympic sports facilities, Sochi city`s natural surroundings and Russian winter views, the organisers said.
The Russian Central Bank will also issue a commemorative Olympics 100-ruble bank note in 2013, said Nadezhda Savinskaya of the bank`s St. Petersburg department.
"It will be the first experience of issuing commemorative bank notes," Savinskaya said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31