Sachin Tendulkar at Siddhivinayak Temple
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Back home after scoring his 100th international century, senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar was spotted at the famous Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar on Friday morning offering prayers on the occasion of Gudi Padwa, the beginning of Hindu New Year.
Relieved after completing the much awaited feat - which took him more than a year to complete - Sachin thanked God for his achievement.
Earlier, Sachin Tendulkar had ended the speculations on his retirement rumours saying he will give up only on the day when he feels a little less passion towards the game. He added he had played cricket because he loved to do and there was nothing better than playing for India.
When asked whether the final hurdle of scoring the hundredth century was the most difficult, the veteran batsman said: "There is no doubt it was. The 100th hundred was the most difficult to get. I really don`t know why but it was."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday