Sachin Tendulkar at Siddhivinayak Temple
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Back home after scoring his 100th international century, senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar was spotted at the famous Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar on Friday morning offering prayers on the occasion of Gudi Padwa, the beginning of Hindu New Year.
Relieved after completing the much awaited feat - which took him more than a year to complete - Sachin thanked God for his achievement.
Earlier, Sachin Tendulkar had ended the speculations on his retirement rumours saying he will give up only on the day when he feels a little less passion towards the game. He added he had played cricket because he loved to do and there was nothing better than playing for India.
When asked whether the final hurdle of scoring the hundredth century was the most difficult, the veteran batsman said: "There is no doubt it was. The 100th hundred was the most difficult to get. I really don`t know why but it was."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers