Sachin Tendulkar at Siddhivinayak Temple
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Back home after scoring his 100th international century, senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar was spotted at the famous Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar on Friday morning offering prayers on the occasion of Gudi Padwa, the beginning of Hindu New Year.
Relieved after completing the much awaited feat - which took him more than a year to complete - Sachin thanked God for his achievement.
Earlier, Sachin Tendulkar had ended the speculations on his retirement rumours saying he will give up only on the day when he feels a little less passion towards the game. He added he had played cricket because he loved to do and there was nothing better than playing for India.
When asked whether the final hurdle of scoring the hundredth century was the most difficult, the veteran batsman said: "There is no doubt it was. The 100th hundred was the most difficult to get. I really don`t know why but it was."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back