Sachin Tendulkar at Siddhivinayak Temple
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Mumbai: Back home after scoring his 100th international century, senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar was spotted at the famous Siddhivinayak temple at Dadar on Friday morning offering prayers on the occasion of Gudi Padwa, the beginning of Hindu New Year.
Relieved after completing the much awaited feat - which took him more than a year to complete - Sachin thanked God for his achievement.
Earlier, Sachin Tendulkar had ended the speculations on his retirement rumours saying he will give up only on the day when he feels a little less passion towards the game. He added he had played cricket because he loved to do and there was nothing better than playing for India.
When asked whether the final hurdle of scoring the hundredth century was the most difficult, the veteran batsman said: "There is no doubt it was. The 100th hundred was the most difficult to get. I really don`t know why but it was."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Apple cheers 2016 Pride celebration with a special rainbow Apple Watch!
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC
- England's Roy Hodgson dismisses report of Wayne Rooney-Jamie Vardy rift
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily