Shah Rukh confident of good showing by KKR in next season
New Delhi: Kolkata Knight Riders might not have been able to get desired results in the Indian Premier League (IPL) so far, but its co-owner Shah Rukh Khan feels that the team is talented enough to make a strong comeback in the forthcoming season.
"The boys have been doing well. We are making consistent improvement in our game and with a couple of months break ahead of the tournament, if the team remains injury free, we hope of having a good training session leading into the tournament," said Shah Rukh.
The Bollywood star, who was in the city to flag-off the Airtel Delhi Half-Marathon, admitted that the attitude of country towards the sport was changing but insisted that the nation needs to develop a sports culture.
"First it was roti, kapda, makan, then there was a surge in the entertainment and in the coming years you will see people laying more emphasis on sports. I think all of us should come forward to sponsor sports, not only cricket but the other sports like shooting, hockey," said Shah Rukh.
Bipasha Basu, who was also present on the occasion, said the event provided a great opportunity for people across different sections of the society to come together and run for a cause.
"You will definitely see an increase in such events in the future. It provides an opportunity for the people across different segments to come together. It also helps in bringing people from two cultures together, which is really a great thing," said Basu.
Meanwhile, actor Rahul Bose, who ran the entire race, said it was an amazing feeling to run in front of the historic India Gate.
Gul Panag, another star from the Bollywood, said the "high" she gets from running cannot be matched by any other substance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh