Shah Rukh confident of good showing by KKR in next season
New Delhi: Kolkata Knight Riders might not have been able to get desired results in the Indian Premier League (IPL) so far, but its co-owner Shah Rukh Khan feels that the team is talented enough to make a strong comeback in the forthcoming season.
"The boys have been doing well. We are making consistent improvement in our game and with a couple of months break ahead of the tournament, if the team remains injury free, we hope of having a good training session leading into the tournament," said Shah Rukh.
The Bollywood star, who was in the city to flag-off the Airtel Delhi Half-Marathon, admitted that the attitude of country towards the sport was changing but insisted that the nation needs to develop a sports culture.
"First it was roti, kapda, makan, then there was a surge in the entertainment and in the coming years you will see people laying more emphasis on sports. I think all of us should come forward to sponsor sports, not only cricket but the other sports like shooting, hockey," said Shah Rukh.
Bipasha Basu, who was also present on the occasion, said the event provided a great opportunity for people across different sections of the society to come together and run for a cause.
"You will definitely see an increase in such events in the future. It provides an opportunity for the people across different segments to come together. It also helps in bringing people from two cultures together, which is really a great thing," said Basu.
Meanwhile, actor Rahul Bose, who ran the entire race, said it was an amazing feeling to run in front of the historic India Gate.
Gul Panag, another star from the Bollywood, said the "high" she gets from running cannot be matched by any other substance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- At least 10 killed, 32 injured in road accident in China's Guangxi Zhuang region
- Do you know low socioeconomic status can be a factor for heart attack? - Read
- PM Modi bats for eco-friendly Ganesh Utsav, Durga Puja
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues