Shahid Afridi distances himself from a film on his life
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi has distanced himself from an upcoming film with cricket as its central theme which was supposed to be released during Eid but was delayed for unknown reasons.
The makers of the film, `Main Hoon Shahid Afridi` have clearly tried to exploit the popularity of the star player but Afridi said he had nothing to do with the film.
"I want to make it clear the movie has nothing to do with my life," he said.
"I have not seen this film but I would hope it will carry some sort of positive message for the youth as promised to me by the producer of the film while taking my consent to use my name in the title of the film," he said.
`Main Hoon Shahid Afridi` generated a lot of hype since it was unveiled at a press conference by its makers.
But it`s Eid release has now been deferred to August 23 with the makers claiming that the movie will revive the Pakistani film industry due to its different subject and approach.
Afridi also made it clear that he hoped that the film didn`t contain anything that was not suitable for the youth of the country.
"I have been told it is a sports oriented film and about the success of a low ranked team in a major tournament," he added.
Afridi has regained a lot of confidence since striking form on the recent tour of West Indies where he won two man-of-the-match awards.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report