Shane Warne in road rage spat with cyclist
Melbourne: Shane Warne clashed with a cyclist while he was on his way home from a training session at the MCG, and has reported the incident to the police.
Following the incident, he launched an angry diatribe on Twitter, and asked for cyclists to have compulsory registration plates to hold them accountable if they don’t follow the rules.
Warne claimed the cyclist stopped in front of him and refused to move after running into the back of his car.
“A bike rider hit my car then held onto my car to pull him through traffic,” the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
“Lights change, he pulls out in front of me, whacks my bonnet with his hand and pulls out in front of all the traffic.”
“I yell out ‘hey buddy, what the hell are you doing?’ and he abuses me. He stops in front of me and holds up traffic and just stays on his bike,” he said.
Warne said none of the traffic could move so he began to slowly move around him.
“He just moves with me, clipped his tyre and he then abuses me some more,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Honorary Fellowship awarded to Sri Sri Ravi Shankar in UK
- MSc-PhD in chemical, molecular biology to be offered by IIT-Kharagpur, IACS
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley cuts short China visit
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Last rites of martyred CRPF inspector performed in Thiruvananthapuram