Shane Warne in road rage spat with cyclist
Melbourne: Shane Warne clashed with a cyclist while he was on his way home from a training session at the MCG, and has reported the incident to the police.
Following the incident, he launched an angry diatribe on Twitter, and asked for cyclists to have compulsory registration plates to hold them accountable if they don’t follow the rules.
Warne claimed the cyclist stopped in front of him and refused to move after running into the back of his car.
“A bike rider hit my car then held onto my car to pull him through traffic,” the Herald Sun quoted him as saying.
“Lights change, he pulls out in front of me, whacks my bonnet with his hand and pulls out in front of all the traffic.”
“I yell out ‘hey buddy, what the hell are you doing?’ and he abuses me. He stops in front of me and holds up traffic and just stays on his bike,” he said.
Warne said none of the traffic could move so he began to slowly move around him.
“He just moves with me, clipped his tyre and he then abuses me some more,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read