Shaun Tait goes slow on the ramp
Kolkata: He has scared many a batsman with express deliveries on the cricket pitch, but Australian bowler Shaun Tait was a bundle of nerves as he walked the ramp here.
As the showstopper for Delhi-based designer Ashish N Soni, the Rajasthan Royals cricketer looked dashing in the "resort collection" black suit during the Blenders Pride Fashion Tour here.
Visibly perturbed while walking on the ramp amid loud applause, Shaun said, "This was my second time on the ramp and it made me more nervous than playing cricket."
The 29-year-old was asked to comment on the debate on Sachin Tendulkar`s retirement. His response, "He is the god in cricket. He knows which time is right to retire. He has been playing for a long time and I think the decision should be left to him."
On Yuvraj Singh`s fitness level after fighting cancer, he said, "If he says he is fine enough to play, you listen to him."
Describing him as a very dangerous player on the field, he ranked Singh as one of the top three cricketers in the world today.
"I catch up with him every now and then," said Shaun, who currently plays only in the Twenty20 format.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor