Shaun Tait goes slow on the ramp
Kolkata: He has scared many a batsman with express deliveries on the cricket pitch, but Australian bowler Shaun Tait was a bundle of nerves as he walked the ramp here.
As the showstopper for Delhi-based designer Ashish N Soni, the Rajasthan Royals cricketer looked dashing in the "resort collection" black suit during the Blenders Pride Fashion Tour here.
Visibly perturbed while walking on the ramp amid loud applause, Shaun said, "This was my second time on the ramp and it made me more nervous than playing cricket."
The 29-year-old was asked to comment on the debate on Sachin Tendulkar`s retirement. His response, "He is the god in cricket. He knows which time is right to retire. He has been playing for a long time and I think the decision should be left to him."
On Yuvraj Singh`s fitness level after fighting cancer, he said, "If he says he is fine enough to play, you listen to him."
Describing him as a very dangerous player on the field, he ranked Singh as one of the top three cricketers in the world today.
"I catch up with him every now and then," said Shaun, who currently plays only in the Twenty20 format.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials