Spain football team captain Iker Casillas to wed journalist
Madrid: The captain of the Spanish national soccer team that won the 2010 World Cup, Iker Casillas, will wed journalist Sara Carbonero in July, the next issue of Lecturas magazine reports on its cover.
The weekly, the next issue of which will be on newsstands Wednesday, features a close-up of Carbonero and announces her marriage with Casillas with the headline "Wedding in July" in an apparent exclusive that has quickly become the theme of the day on social networks such as Twitter.
Although neither the soccer player nor his fiancee have made any official announcement, according to the magazine, they have already sent out invitations setting the date and location of the nuptials.
The relationship between Casillas and Carbonero burst into the communications media during the 2010 World Cup final in South Africa, which she covered as a reporter.
During the victory celebration, and while he was being interviewed by his girlfriend, Casillas could not resist the impulse to give her a kiss in front of the cameras, an image that was everywhere in the international press the next day.
Since then, the goaltender and the reporter have been on the covers of many magazines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'