Sports Authority of India logs on to Facebook
New Delhi: The reclusive Sports Authority of India (SAI) is making an attempt to connect with athletes and sports fans alike by being on the world`s biggest social networking site - Facebook.
The facebook page `Sports Authority of India Head Office` has been created to reach out to athletes and to inform, educate and enhance interaction among them.
"The account has been created a few days back with an aim to provide a platform to the athletes to connect with each other and follow all the activities that SAI is undertaking," creator of the FB account, Manjushree S Roy, told PTI.
"We need to consider that social media channels are most used worldwide, and one among them is Facebook. At SAI, we want to create a community of sportspersons where they can share their thoughts with each other and visit photo galleries and watch videos posted by the sports body," said Roy, Assistant Director, Media Division and International Cooperational Cell, SAI.
The Indian weightlifting team, which won a whopping 45 medals in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Championships in Samoa, was today felicitated by SAI at its headquarters here and the photographs of the event along with the press release were promptly posted on facebook.
The account also shares tips for a healthy life and inspirational quotes from international athletes.
"You will find jingles, theme Songs and inspiring You Tube videos. I am also posting inspirational quotes from world-renowned athletes. The page with all its contents will help a sportsperson in his/her personality development," she said.
"We are working quite actively for athletes. We think using social media will help us connect with them in a better way. All the updates related to the Sports Ministry`s `Come and Play Scheme` would also be available on the page," Roy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!