Sports Authority of India logs on to Facebook
New Delhi: The reclusive Sports Authority of India (SAI) is making an attempt to connect with athletes and sports fans alike by being on the world`s biggest social networking site - Facebook.
The facebook page `Sports Authority of India Head Office` has been created to reach out to athletes and to inform, educate and enhance interaction among them.
"The account has been created a few days back with an aim to provide a platform to the athletes to connect with each other and follow all the activities that SAI is undertaking," creator of the FB account, Manjushree S Roy, told PTI.
"We need to consider that social media channels are most used worldwide, and one among them is Facebook. At SAI, we want to create a community of sportspersons where they can share their thoughts with each other and visit photo galleries and watch videos posted by the sports body," said Roy, Assistant Director, Media Division and International Cooperational Cell, SAI.
The Indian weightlifting team, which won a whopping 45 medals in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Championships in Samoa, was today felicitated by SAI at its headquarters here and the photographs of the event along with the press release were promptly posted on facebook.
The account also shares tips for a healthy life and inspirational quotes from international athletes.
"You will find jingles, theme Songs and inspiring You Tube videos. I am also posting inspirational quotes from world-renowned athletes. The page with all its contents will help a sportsperson in his/her personality development," she said.
"We are working quite actively for athletes. We think using social media will help us connect with them in a better way. All the updates related to the Sports Ministry`s `Come and Play Scheme` would also be available on the page," Roy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership