Sports Authority of India logs on to Facebook
New Delhi: The reclusive Sports Authority of India (SAI) is making an attempt to connect with athletes and sports fans alike by being on the world`s biggest social networking site - Facebook.
The facebook page `Sports Authority of India Head Office` has been created to reach out to athletes and to inform, educate and enhance interaction among them.
"The account has been created a few days back with an aim to provide a platform to the athletes to connect with each other and follow all the activities that SAI is undertaking," creator of the FB account, Manjushree S Roy, told PTI.
"We need to consider that social media channels are most used worldwide, and one among them is Facebook. At SAI, we want to create a community of sportspersons where they can share their thoughts with each other and visit photo galleries and watch videos posted by the sports body," said Roy, Assistant Director, Media Division and International Cooperational Cell, SAI.
The Indian weightlifting team, which won a whopping 45 medals in the recently-concluded Commonwealth Championships in Samoa, was today felicitated by SAI at its headquarters here and the photographs of the event along with the press release were promptly posted on facebook.
The account also shares tips for a healthy life and inspirational quotes from international athletes.
"You will find jingles, theme Songs and inspiring You Tube videos. I am also posting inspirational quotes from world-renowned athletes. The page with all its contents will help a sportsperson in his/her personality development," she said.
"We are working quite actively for athletes. We think using social media will help us connect with them in a better way. All the updates related to the Sports Ministry`s `Come and Play Scheme` would also be available on the page," Roy added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore