Steven Gerrard enjoys quiet day out with family after Euro defeat
London: Steven Gerrard took his wife Alex and their daughters out for a bite near their Merseyside home in Formby following England’s Euro 2012 disappointment.
Leaving baby Lourdes at home, the doting parents were pictured with six-year-old Lexie and eight-year-old Lilly-Ella as they left Costa Coffee, the Daily Mail reported.
Proving that they are daddy’s girls through and through, Lexi and Lilly-Ella stood on either side of Gerrard as they held his hand and clinged onto their stuffed white bunny rabbits.
The centre midfielder was casually dressed in a checked purple shirt which he teamed with grey jeans and white trainers.
His wife Alex, 29, who played the role of the supporting wife throughout the recent tournament, wore a loose fitting patterned blouse with camel sandals and slim fitting jeans.
Their adorable blonde daughters appeared to be wearing identical outfits as they each donned a pair of denim trainers, white dresses with grey and white stripped hoodies.
The nation recently wept following England’s penalty shootout heartbreak at the hands of Italy during the European Championships.
The Three Lions left their Krakow base after Sunday night’s agonising quarter-final defeat.
Speaking at Monday afternoon’s press conference, a visibly dejected Steven Gerrard insisted he would continue on as captain of the team.
“I think performance wise I am reasonably satisfied but it still doesn’t crack over the pain and hurt,” he said.
“I’ve loved every minute of it. I gave it my best shot.
“I’ve had a brief chat with the manager, I’m available as long as I’m wanted at this level. The manager has told me he wants me to continue and carry on,” he added.
The football ace admitted England had not played the best football at Euro 2012 and needed to work harder at retaining the ball.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch