Tendulkar seeks divine blessings, visits Kali temple
Kolkata: One short of his 100th international century, Sachin Tendulkar on Sunday sought divine blessings when he visited Kali Temple at Kalighat while his fans organised havans to wish him luck.
Local India manager Alok Nandy said the seniormost India cricketer visited the temple around 4 pm but he could not go inside, fearing crowd mayhem.
"He went in a car and offeredprayers from outside. VVS Laxman also went to the temple," said Nandy.
The cricket-mad Kolkata crowd is keen to see that Tendulkar achieves the incredible feat at the historic Eden Gardens and many fans organised havans at Kalighat and many other sacred places to wish the Indian luck.
Last night, Tendulkar had an evening out at a restaurant in Saltlake. Accompanied by Pragyan Ojha, Ajinkya Rahane and Umesh Yadav, Tendulkar gorged on his favourite prawn recipes and some fish preparation, said the local manager.
The iconic Indian batsman came close to the 100-ton mark in the opening Test in Delhi before getting out for 76 in the second innings.
He has been stuck on 99 international hundereds since the ODI World Cup when he hit two centuries, against England and South Africa.
Tendulkar`s last ODI hundred was a 111-run knock, he scored against South Africa in the Nagpur match on March 12, his 48th ODI ton.
Since then, he has not scored an international hundred in for four ODIs and 10 innings from five Tests.
Tendulkar`s last Test hundred was in the first innings of the third Test against South Africa in Cape Town in January when he scored 146 in India`s 364 all out.
That was his 51st Test ton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming