Theo Walcott gets engaged to childhood sweetheart
London: Theo Walcott has finally got engaged to his girlfriend of seven years, Melanie Slade.
The Arsenal winger reportedly went down on one knee and presented Slade with an engagement ring, which has one huge diamond and two smaller ones either side, on New Year’s Eve at their home in Hertfordshire.
“Mel is over the moon, the ring is stunning,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Walcott and Slade, both 22, had hoped to keep the news quiet but the huge sparkler on her finger made that impossible.
The couple are expected to wait until next year to tie the knot, leaving Walcott free to concentrate on his game with Arsenal in the hope he will play for England in the Euro 2012.
“They will probably do it next summer when they have more time off to organise it – they won’t be searching for a magazine deal, though!” the source said.
A spokesman for both Walcott and Slade confirmed the engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- French Finance Min: France, Germany agree Britain should start process to leave EU quickly
- Syria attack so far leaves 25 children dead: UNICEF
- Chaitanya Padukone pens book on 'Pancham Da'
- Japanese girl hit by train while using smartphone
- Trupti Desai seeks God's blessing ahead of Bombay HC verdict on women's entry in Haji Ali Dargah case