Theo Walcott gets engaged to childhood sweetheart
London: Theo Walcott has finally got engaged to his girlfriend of seven years, Melanie Slade.
The Arsenal winger reportedly went down on one knee and presented Slade with an engagement ring, which has one huge diamond and two smaller ones either side, on New Year’s Eve at their home in Hertfordshire.
“Mel is over the moon, the ring is stunning,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Walcott and Slade, both 22, had hoped to keep the news quiet but the huge sparkler on her finger made that impossible.
The couple are expected to wait until next year to tie the knot, leaving Walcott free to concentrate on his game with Arsenal in the hope he will play for England in the Euro 2012.
“They will probably do it next summer when they have more time off to organise it – they won’t be searching for a magazine deal, though!” the source said.
A spokesman for both Walcott and Slade confirmed the engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda