Theo Walcott gets engaged to childhood sweetheart
London: Theo Walcott has finally got engaged to his girlfriend of seven years, Melanie Slade.
The Arsenal winger reportedly went down on one knee and presented Slade with an engagement ring, which has one huge diamond and two smaller ones either side, on New Year’s Eve at their home in Hertfordshire.
“Mel is over the moon, the ring is stunning,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Walcott and Slade, both 22, had hoped to keep the news quiet but the huge sparkler on her finger made that impossible.
The couple are expected to wait until next year to tie the knot, leaving Walcott free to concentrate on his game with Arsenal in the hope he will play for England in the Euro 2012.
“They will probably do it next summer when they have more time off to organise it – they won’t be searching for a magazine deal, though!” the source said.
A spokesman for both Walcott and Slade confirmed the engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player