Theo Walcott gets engaged to childhood sweetheart
London: Theo Walcott has finally got engaged to his girlfriend of seven years, Melanie Slade.
The Arsenal winger reportedly went down on one knee and presented Slade with an engagement ring, which has one huge diamond and two smaller ones either side, on New Year’s Eve at their home in Hertfordshire.
“Mel is over the moon, the ring is stunning,” the Mirror quoted a source as saying.
Walcott and Slade, both 22, had hoped to keep the news quiet but the huge sparkler on her finger made that impossible.
The couple are expected to wait until next year to tie the knot, leaving Walcott free to concentrate on his game with Arsenal in the hope he will play for England in the Euro 2012.
“They will probably do it next summer when they have more time off to organise it – they won’t be searching for a magazine deal, though!” the source said.
A spokesman for both Walcott and Slade confirmed the engagement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore