This is why McIlroy snubbed youngster`s request for autograph post Open win
Johannesburg: Rory McIlroy, after winning his first Open Championship, snubbed a young fan that was seeking autograph and walked away.
A young fan ran up to McIlroy asking for his autograph, McIlroy refused and walked on as stewards pulled the young fan away.
McIlroy`s act sparked somewhat of an outrage among golf fans on Twitter on Sunday night, but Ian Poulter was quick to defend his fellow professional.
Poulter wrote on Twitter that McIlroy was not allowed to sign the autograph as he had not handed in his scorecard. Players are asked not to sign autographs until they have officially handed in the scorecards.
The snub was not the only incident that made news that day, McIlroy also got a spectator chucked out, as he was constantly interrupting his game.
McIlroy said that he was giving him grief all day, and he deliberately coughed on downswing on the 16th tee.
He added that he still hit a great drive, but he knew who it was and got him chucked out, thankfully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel
- Hours-long attack on Kabul American university kills sixteen
- Day/Night Duleep Trophy: Kuldeep's Yadav guile puts India Red in driver's seat
- How does smoke effect clouds in terms of climate? NASA flies to Africa to find out!
- Tamil Nadu cricketers picked for Duleep Trophy can play in TN Premier T20 League: BCCI