This is why McIlroy snubbed youngster`s request for autograph post Open win
Johannesburg: Rory McIlroy, after winning his first Open Championship, snubbed a young fan that was seeking autograph and walked away.
A young fan ran up to McIlroy asking for his autograph, McIlroy refused and walked on as stewards pulled the young fan away.
McIlroy`s act sparked somewhat of an outrage among golf fans on Twitter on Sunday night, but Ian Poulter was quick to defend his fellow professional.
Poulter wrote on Twitter that McIlroy was not allowed to sign the autograph as he had not handed in his scorecard. Players are asked not to sign autographs until they have officially handed in the scorecards.
The snub was not the only incident that made news that day, McIlroy also got a spectator chucked out, as he was constantly interrupting his game.
McIlroy said that he was giving him grief all day, and he deliberately coughed on downswing on the 16th tee.
He added that he still hit a great drive, but he knew who it was and got him chucked out, thankfully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!