This is why McIlroy snubbed youngster`s request for autograph post Open win
Johannesburg: Rory McIlroy, after winning his first Open Championship, snubbed a young fan that was seeking autograph and walked away.
A young fan ran up to McIlroy asking for his autograph, McIlroy refused and walked on as stewards pulled the young fan away.
McIlroy`s act sparked somewhat of an outrage among golf fans on Twitter on Sunday night, but Ian Poulter was quick to defend his fellow professional.
Poulter wrote on Twitter that McIlroy was not allowed to sign the autograph as he had not handed in his scorecard. Players are asked not to sign autographs until they have officially handed in the scorecards.
The snub was not the only incident that made news that day, McIlroy also got a spectator chucked out, as he was constantly interrupting his game.
McIlroy said that he was giving him grief all day, and he deliberately coughed on downswing on the 16th tee.
He added that he still hit a great drive, but he knew who it was and got him chucked out, thankfully.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir