Tiger Woods has gone soft due to sordid sex scandals, says ex coach
London: Tiger Woods’ former coach, Hank Haney, has claimed that the golfer has “softened some” as a result of his multiple sex scandals.
Haney, who worked with Woods from 2004 to 2010, reckons the former world No 1 had to stop being so ruthlessly single-minded after being his numerous sexual liaisons were exposed, and that is one of the reasons he is struggling to recapture his old form.
Haney has incurred the golfer’s wrath by bringing out a book detailing their six years together just as the player is trying to end his three year drought in the Majors.
“I think he has probably softened some - I certainly felt the change after that,” the Sun quoted Haney as saying.
“But the cold side was part of what made Tiger such an incredible champion, and I never really judged him on that aspect of his character.
“I looked at that coldness and thought it was one of the things that makes Tiger what he is, just part of the whole package. But when the whole thing about his private life blew up in 2009, I just could not believe it,” he said.
Haney has defended his book ‘The Big Miss’ as an insight into how he coached Woods to nearly half of his 72 US Tour victories, including six of his 14 Majors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie