Tiger Woods has gone soft due to sordid sex scandals, says ex coach
London: Tiger Woods’ former coach, Hank Haney, has claimed that the golfer has “softened some” as a result of his multiple sex scandals.
Haney, who worked with Woods from 2004 to 2010, reckons the former world No 1 had to stop being so ruthlessly single-minded after being his numerous sexual liaisons were exposed, and that is one of the reasons he is struggling to recapture his old form.
Haney has incurred the golfer’s wrath by bringing out a book detailing their six years together just as the player is trying to end his three year drought in the Majors.
“I think he has probably softened some - I certainly felt the change after that,” the Sun quoted Haney as saying.
“But the cold side was part of what made Tiger such an incredible champion, and I never really judged him on that aspect of his character.
“I looked at that coldness and thought it was one of the things that makes Tiger what he is, just part of the whole package. But when the whole thing about his private life blew up in 2009, I just could not believe it,” he said.
Haney has defended his book ‘The Big Miss’ as an insight into how he coached Woods to nearly half of his 72 US Tour victories, including six of his 14 Majors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price